Sunday, July 6, 2014

4 Easy Vodka Cocktails

vodka cocktail summer drink

Summer is now in full swing, and with that comes hot weather and outdoor events. What better way to keep cool than to have a fancy cocktail? I whipped up four vodka based drinks for you to try at your next brunch, BBQ, or party. Don’t worry, all of these drinks are super easy and quick to make.



orange spritzer wine drink cocktail brunch summer

Sparkling water is so nice sometimes. It’s refreshing and makes you feel like you are drinking something fancier than just plain old water. Perrier is my go to sparkling water at home in Canada and although it is available in Korea, there is a Korean alternative called Trevi. It’s much cheaper and comes in lemon or lime flavours, and the original unflavoured version. I like to use sparkling water in many of my cocktails as an alternative to sugary juices or pops. For the first drink which is perfect for any brunch, I made this classic morning punch. All you need is some leftover wine (I know, I know, who am I kidding, who has leftover wine?), orange juice, some sparking water, and a glass! This is an easy way to elevate any weekend brunch and goes perfectly with all your breakfast food essentials.

Orange Spritzer
1 part white wine (I used Chardonnay)
1 part orange juice
splash of sparkling water
* The size of the glass you are using will depend on your exact measurements.*


Fill just under half of a glass with orange juice and then add the same amount of wine. Fill the remaining space of your glass with a splash of sparkling water. Feel free to add more or less of any of the three ingredients, and enjoy!



trevi perrier grapefruit fizz vodka

Grapefruits are readily available here in Seoul and I’m loving it! I've kept my fridge stocked with them for the past couple of weeks. Recently, I have been infusing my daily water with grapefruits and was surprised at how much better it tastes than your classic lemon water. This inspired me to make a nice refreshing cocktail. If you enjoy citrus drinks that aren't too sweet, than this one is for you. This is a guilt free (almost) drink for your next cocktail party or summer BBQ!

Grapefruit Fizz
1/2 large grapefruit
sparkling water (I used lime flavoured Trevi)
1 shot of vodka
ice cubes
Fill a glass with ice. Pour in 1 shot of vodka. Squeeze the juice from half of a grapefruit into the glass. Top with sparkling water and give it a stir. Sip and enjoy!



naughty nectarine vodka cocktail summer

 One of my favourite fruits is peaches. Unfortunately, the Asian variety of peaches that can be found here in Korea, aren’t quite the same as the juicy, fall-off-the-pit, ones back home in Canada. Luckily, they do have nectarines, which are a close second to peaches. I decided to make a blended drink, because who doesn't like a slushy on a hot day? This drink had the right amount of sweetness from the nectarine and when blended with ice it was a real treat!  

Naughty Nectarine
1 nectarine
1/2 shot triple sec
1 shot vodka
1/2 cup of ice

Cut your nectarine into about 6-8 wedges and peel the skin off. Add your ice, vodka, and triple sec to the bender. Add your cut and peeled nectarines and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and dream of paradise!



blueberry lemonade vodka drink summer

Lemon blueberry is a delightful flavour combination. The muffins I made turned out great, so why not add that combination to a drink!? This drink is quite tart and because I’m not really a fan of sweet drinks, it was one of my favourites. However, if you are someone who enjoys sweeter drinks then I’m sure you could add some simple syrup or lemonade instead of sparkling water.

Blueberry Lemonade
1 shot vodka
1/4 cup ice cubes
1/2 shot lemon juice
1/4 cup lemon flavoured sparkling water
1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Add ice cubes, lemon juice, vodka, and blueberries to your blender and then blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with the sparkling water. Give it a stir and pucker up!
For any cocktail recipe, remember to add something fun for presentation purposes. A straw, mini umbrella or a slice of fruit will do the trick. Good luck in your cocktail endeavours and cheers!

*All recipes make a single serving*


No comments:

Post a Comment